Pages

Monday 9 November 2015

Speechmarks


Task One
‘Said’ is a common word used to show people are speaking in stories. Think of 6 different, more interesting words and type them here.
1.”says”          2.”yelled”
3.”mimicked” 4.”asked”
5.”whispered” 6.”shouted”


Task Two
Choose 3 of the words you have written for task one and put them into sentences with speech in them to show me you can use them in context.
“hey john” yelle santana
“hey ramen” whispered john
“can i have a dollar please” asked rob


Task Three
Put the speech marks in the correct places.
1. “Stand there!” shouted Mr Cockcroft.
2. Phil cried , “watch out for that door!”
3. “Please don’t hurt me”, begged the little man.
4. The crowd chanted “United! United!”
5. “Run! The house is on fire!” screamed Creole.
6. Tim asked , “what’s the date please?”
7. “Is it nearly dinner?” asked Anna. I’m “starving”.
8. “You’re early”, “said” the waiter. “Your table isn’t quite ready”.
9. “I can’t play out tonight”, explained Rachel. “I’ve got too much homework to do”.

10. “It’s no use crying”, snapped Tony. “You’ll only make me angrier”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.